Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Crazy

Everything is so crazy. I like crazy.

I've learned that college is a very spontaneous experience. I. The past three days, I've spontaneously ventured to The Point, Pirates games, Market Square and even an ice cream place that donates $.50 of every purchase to a different charity. 

I'm scheduled to cover the PPU rugby team at their first home game on Saturday. Well, "home" game. 

Click here to view my story
Tonight, I learned that not enough players have registered through USA Rugby to be covered under insurance. They have to forfeit their right to host the game and will have to travel to Grove City instead. They will still be the home team. There also will be no fan vans. I will be riding up to GC on one of the teams two shuttles at 10:30 am for the 1:00 PM start. 

Downside: Besides eracing all of my day's plans, I already finished my rugby preview story for the Globe. You can read it on the Globes website, PointParkGlobe.com. I end the story promoting the game and the fan vans transporting students to the first home game. The Globe prints on Tuesday mornings. My first story ends with a glaring error. It's not my fault and I can't control it, but it still bothers me. 

Tomorrow night is the first WPPJ Radio meeting. It is also the last day that I can purchase anything in the bookstore with my store credit. I need to sign my team up for intramural basketball as well at some point. Along with all of this chaos, I will be purchasing tickets for a Ducky tour from the SAIL office for only $2. Well, I wanted to. The tour is on Saturday 9/13 the second scheduled game for the Rugby team. I'm so flustered. 

There's so much that I want to do with so little time to do it all in. 

I'm starting to battle a nasty cold that is taking a lot out of me. I do have daytime cold medicine. I brought some with me because I knew that I get sick at this time every year, and remain sick for the duration of the school year. 

I need rest, Gatorade and a clone. 

Because, why not?
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment