Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Solid

Tonight we filmed the second episode of "Pioneer Sideline," the Point Park sports show. Tonight, I made my debut on U-View television. Tonight, I raised eyebrows and dropped jaws.

It was incredible.

I'm sitting in my dorm room now with burning eyes, hands smelling like makeup, and I am too tired to even function.

The burning eyes come from the makeup. I hate makeup. It's too much of a hassle. I don't know how girls do it. I had my neighbor and another girl on my floor do my makeup for me. It was weird.

I spent an hour the night before researching the Steeler's defense. The 'Case of the Week' was "What is the Steeler's biggest problem this season?" I was arguing that the defense is the biggest problem, because it is.

Trying to act casual as I take a "selfie"
before going on air
I got to the studio at 6, an hour before starting time and a half hour before call time. I practiced with the teleprompter and went over questions for the host to ask me about the rugby team.

When it was my turn to go on air, I was as calm as a June day. I went through my two minute segment about the rugby team and proceeded to answer questions about the team. As soon as I started talking, I could see the senior and other upperclassmen jaws drop and stay on the floor for the duration of my segment. When I was done, I was met with an unexpected applause. It was really cool, actually.

I then went immediately to the desk for the 'Case of the Week.' We talked about the Steelers for what seemed like 30 seconds. It went by so quickly and I was a little bit nervous for that part, I'm not going to lie. I don't get nervous, but I have never ad-libbed a segment before on TV. It was a really fun experience. This Thursday, I will have my second on-air appearance on "Daybreak" reporting on national sports news.

I got so many compliments on my voice and my delivery. It was such a great feeling. I'm exhausted now but I feel so accomplished and can't wait to see the finished product.

Walking out, I ran into the gentleman in charge of the studio. He asked me if I was on air for the show. One of the juniors came around the corner and said, "You bet he was." He started to tell me the importance of being well rounded. The junior said, "Don't worry, he already is. He's a keeper."

I can only imagine what is in store for this year. I was so excited to get here and now, I'm so excited for everything that is ahead.

Because, why not?
Josh 

No comments:

Post a Comment