Sunday, October 30, 2016

Penguins - Week 9

The Penguins keep winning as I keep working. I have yet to experience a loss with the team after a pair of wins last week.

It’s been an entertaining and a fun first few weeks of the regular season, and last week was no different. The Pens hosted a short two-game homestand last week, facing the Florida Panthers Tuesday and the New York Islanders Thursday.

The Pens found themselves down 2-0 to Florida and came back to win 3-2 Tuesday. They won a little more decisively Thursday against the Islanders by a 4-2 final.

We’re all starting to fall into the rhythm of the games and figure out each other’s strengths and weaknesses. I’ve gotten good at accurately making the line sheets each game and having them proof read and accurate I attached a sample below.  My game notes are getting more interesting with each game, pretty much because there’s more to research and more stats now that we’re almost ten games into the season.

Sidney Crosby returned to the ice Tuesday and sparked the comeback with the Pens’ first goal of the night. I got to go to the locker room and get Crosby’s post game audio, and was the closest person to him in the media scrum off his left knee.

I love watching post game video clips of the players’ interviews in the locker room and seeing my hand with the sound recorder. It gives me a nice chuckle.

Thursday was much of the same routine for the game. We started discussing our plans to work the Three Rivers Classic, our big last project of our internship. We practically run the ship for that operation.

After the victory,  I got the sound from Patric Hornqvist and Phil Kessel in the locker room, and then ran microphones at coach Sullivan’s press conference.

The Penguins began a four game road trip Saturday night in Philadelphia and won’t be back home until election night. I’ll head to the office some time next week to work on graphics and help prepare for our next home games.


I feel like I say it every week, but I’m really getting into a rhythm with this team and am really comfortable in my position. We get better every game and will only keep raising the bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment