Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pittsburgh Penguins - Week 1

Follow my blog all semester long to follow my experiences as a media relations intern with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I recently went to CONSOL for orientation to find out what my internship will be like. I am one of four media relations interns and will work 18 games during the first half of the season. During my time with the Penguins, I will assist the communications department with game notes, stat distribution and post game interviews.

Many of my duties are similar to my current media relations internship with the Pirates. I'm anxious to get started in the coming weeks preparing for the regular season as the defending Stanley Cup champions.

On Sept. 14, we will work our first big event, the 2016 World Cup of Hockey Pre-Tournament hosted by the Penguins and CONSOL Energy Center. We should begin preparing for the tournament in the next week.

Preseason games begin in October, along with Fan Fest on Oct. 9. Until then, we will do preparation work for the season and help work the World Cup of Hockey game.

I'm looking forward to an exciting season with the Penguins!

No comments:

Post a Comment